- to analyze (a sentence) in terms of grammatical constituents, identifying the parts of speech, syntactic relations, etc.
- to describe (a word in a sentence) grammatically, identifying the part of speech, inflectional form, syntactic function, etc.
- to discover something’s implications or uncover a deeper meaning
This blog is my way of trying to look at the world and make some sense of it. I do this by reading books, asking people questions, and visiting as many places as I can get to. Right now, I’m on a bit of a Los Angeles fixation (my home), but my interests generally tend towards history, science, culture, and art.
Other places I write on the internet:
- Dwarf + Giant, a book review blog for The Last Bookstore
- Medium.com, more essays and recommendations for other good nonfiction reads
- Twitter, occasional sassy comments and interesting news articles
You can also reach out via email, or subscribe to updates below.